Massive weight loss is a life-changing achievement, but it can create some problems with skin laxity. Excess sagging skin can hide the slimmer person within, shrouding the happiness that this monumental accomplishment can create.
Candidates for an Upper Body Lift
The most important surgical requirement is that the patients are in good health and have stabilized their target weight for at least 6 months.
Consider an upper body lift to address any of the following issues:
- You have lost significant weight—either through bariatric surgery or dieting and exercise—that
- has created loose skin around the arms, chest, or waist
- You have fat rolls on the back
- You have loose skin under the arms
- You have loose skin on the breasts
You are male with fatty tissue creating the appearance of female breasts (gynecomastia)
Dr. Lampert reviews patient medical history before scheduling to ensure that all patients are healthy enough to safely undergo cosmetic surgery.