While many women still desire the rounded, voluptuous look of breast implants, many are now choosing to go a more natural route using a simple fat transfer procedure to augment the chest.
Who is a good candidate?
Breast explant performed on its own can leave the chest looking deflated and sagging. That is where the fat transfer procedure can come in handy. If you are a woman who desires fuller, more youthful breasts but you want a natural look without the risk of complications, fat transfer after breast implant removal may be the ideal solution for your goals. This procedure may even take the place of a breast lift without the need for additional scarring. The following characteristics define a good candidate for the treatment:
- Healthy, both emotionally and physically
- Non-smoker, or willing to quit before and after the procedure
- Has a healthy amount of donor fat in the stomach, thighs, hips, or other areas
- Wants to decrease the bust size without returning to pre-implant breasts
- Will be satisfied with an increase of one cup size in the chest
- Is open to body sculpting at the donor sites
- Desires a natural look
- Has a realistic, positive outlook towards their results
- Wants a solution that will last a lifetime