Rhinoplasty is among the most challenging procedures that a plastic surgeon will perform. In men, the most common reason for seeking rhinoplasty is to correct nasal imperfections. Additionally, men may have experienced an injury caused by sports, activities, accidents, or work-related mishaps.
Considering Rhinoplasty in Miami?
There are many cosmetic and functional defects that Dr. Lampert addresses when assessing a potential patient. Some of them include:
- Decreasing a bump on the bridge of the nose
- Fashioning a more aesthetically pleasing nasal tip and treating a bulbous tip
- Reducing enlarged dorsal humps or repairing a hooked nose appearance
- Decreasing the length of the long nose
- Increasing the length of a short nose
- Creating a smooth nasal and facial profile
- Reducing enlarged turbinates or removing nasal polyps that obstruct nasal breathing
- Septoplasty or repair of a deviated septum to straighten the nose and improve airflow through it
- Correction of the crooked nose or deviated nose
- Repairing collapsed nostrils or improving a wide nostril base
Candidates for rhinoplasty surgery are in good health and do not smoke. Smoking interferes with healing by restricting the blood supply and oxygen saturation. Smoking can increase the risk of all complications and create the potential need for revisional surgery.
Dr. Lampert works with each patient to understand their specific goals and desires. Once this is understood, Dr. Lampert gives his recommendations on how to achieve these goals. Occasionally, patients have cosmetic surgery goals that are not realistic. For each of his patients, Dr. Lampert will share his insight and spend time explaining reasonable expectations, with the ultimate goal of an outcome that greatly improves self-esteem and quality of life.